If you live in one of the five communities in which FIVE will be working, and would like to be involved, find out more on the community-specific pages of this website. Alternatively, consider participating in the celebratory events around the finished work of FIVE artists and participants when they are exhibited in your local community.
Timelines for our FIVE Communities:
- Paraburdoo: Public sculpture with mining and residential community (mid-2013 to late 2014)
- Derby: MarshArt festival with local community (September and October 2014)
- Busselton: FIFO wives, partners, friends and family project (completed November 2013)
- Geraldton: Young adults project (completed May 2014)
- Esperance: ‘Twig’ project with farmers (September 2014)
A range of projects take place in each community, including whole-of-community projects. There are open to everyone and there is no cost to participate.
At the moment, we need involvement from the Paraburdoo community at the Men's Shed to help build the sculpture. We especially need people with fabrication skills to build the lower half of the work and its support structures. Alex is at the Men's Shed every day at the moment. Come along and see what's happening. Get involved in a once-in-a-lifetime chance to contribute to a large and unique public artwork in the Australian desert!