Mental Health Support
If you or someone you know needs help with mental health, the best place to start if your GP, or you can call the after hours GP Helpline on 1800 022 222.
If you feel someone is at risk of harm or in an emergency, call 000.
For mental health emergency assessment, support or referral call Mental Health Emergency Response Line (MHERL):
- MHERL metro: 1300 555 788
- MHERL Peel: 1800 676 822
- RuralLink: 1800 552 002
Alternatively, go to your nearest public hospital emergency department.
If you need someone to talk to, you can contact:
- Crisis Care Helpline: 1800 199 008
- Kids Help Line: 1800 551 800
- Lifeline: 13 11 14 (or online: www.lifeline.org)
- Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467
- Youthbeyondblue: 1300 224 636
- Men's Line Australia: 1300 789 978
- headspace: www.headspace
- Reach Out: www.reachout.com
- Youth Focus: www.youthfocus.com.au
For a detailed list of mental health services and supports, visit the Mental Health Commission's website.